[sane-devel] is buying parallel port to usb converter for ibm ideascan worth while?

Oliver Neukum oliver@neukum.org
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:24:48 +0100

> > is this module for linux or (free|net|open)bsd? i am using freebsd
> > 4.4-stable at the moment.
>
> The module (called microtek) is for Linux. I don't know if it's possible to
> use it for freebsd. The module was made by Oliver Neukum
> <Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de> and John Fremlin
> <vii@penguinpowered.com>, maybe they can help you.

I know nothing about BSD's scsi nor BSD's usb subsystems.
I suspect large differences. Then there's the problem of licenses. I suppose
you'd have to make a seperate module under GPL.

I am quite willing to help, but I doubt my abillity.