[sane-devel] Preview in xscanimage only possible as root

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:20:34 +0100

> I hope that you can read more out of it than I do.

I don't know if it fixes the original problem, but I found a potential
problem in the snapscan backend. In sane_control_option, it didn't guard
against TL_X < BR_X and TL_Y < BR_Y, in particular, when TL_Y = BR_Y the
number of scanlines is zero and bad things may happen (particularly if trying
to divide by the scanlines).

A quick survey showed that other backends (mustek, epson) may show the same
problem. You have to use the sliders for TL_X etc. to reproduce the error.

The fix for the snapscan backend is in CVS on SourceForge
(http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=12742).

But then, I've no idea why this problem should only show up if you run
xscanimage as user, neither why only preview should be affected. So maybe
there's still another problem.

Regards,

Oliver