[sane-devel] Color alignment Snapscan 600

Maier Gerfried moali@sbox.tugraz.at
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:21:57 +0100

Steve Underwood wrote:

> There would appear to be something strange going on with your scanner.
> Since I fixed the major colour fringing a long time ago, the colour
> alignment error should be imperceptable.

A few months ago there were some (major?) changes in the snapscan backend.
The changes made the backend much more stable (especially color scans and
preview). With these changes a disalignment was introduced again. It was
fixed again just a few days ago (at the moment only available by cvs or the
cvs-web-interface of sourceforge).

> [...]

> Perhaps your scanner has a physical alignment problem.

I hope it has not!
But you are right, one pixel at maximum resolution isn't very much.

Thanks for your hint!
Maier Gerfried