[sane-devel] Compilation warning in SANE CVS

Jaeger, Gerhard G. Jaeger" <gjaeger@sysgo.de
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:30:49 +0200

On Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2001 22:21, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Compiling SANE still results in lots of warnings (ca. 675). Here are
> some statistics:
>
> Warnings sorted by backend (./configure --enable-warnings, on a
> linux/gcc system):
[SNIP-SNAP]

Hi list,

shouldn't we try to fix these warnings prior to the next release???
Quite a lot of them can be fixed easily by the maintainer and should not
cause too much work...
As SANE is THE interface for using scanners (okay it's the only one ;-)
we should not only take care about the functionality but also 'bout code
quality. Often enough there are runtime problems as cause of unregarded
warnings.
If you compile a Linux kernel there are some warnings but not as much as
675... and this is much more code!

Only my 2 cents...
Gerhard