[sane-devel] Agfa Arcus 1200

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:35:40 +0200

Hi,

> I have an Agfa Arcus 1200 SCSI scanner that I want to
> use on a Solaris 2.6 box.  I'd like to use SANE, but
> it looks like none of the back ends that support Agfa
> products support this particular model.  Anyone used
> one of the existing backends with this model?  Anyone
> know if the there are plans to support this model?
> Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I took a look at Agfa's web site. The scanner uses a different windows driver
than the Snapscan series, so I guess your chances for getting it to work with
the snapscan backend are, well, minimal. It may still be worth to try: get
the latest snapscan backend from sourceforge.net/projects/snapscan and
install over sane-1.0.5 sources. You'll have to add the SCSI ID string of
your scanner in snapscan.h, around line 110. For a first try you can map your
scanner to a PRISA1240 or SNAPSCANE50.

Your other problem may be Solaris: I don't know of anybody using the snapscan
backend on Solaris yet...

Regards,

Oliver