[sane-devel] open a project for the epson 1250 on SF ?

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:44:35 -0000

I don't think it's a good idea to write a backend for the Perfection 1250
from scratch. There are several scanners that are based on the LM 983x
chips, which all could use the same basic backend. Every scanner would
however need some "tweaking" so that all the vendor specific stuff would
work.

As far as I know there is at least one project already underway to
develop a 983x backend. Check the archives of this list (or wait for
the project maintainer to participate in this discussion).

Karl Heinz