[sane-devel] sane_get_devices ?

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 01:30:02 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 10:09:22PM +0100, Major A wrote:
> I have started writing a backend, but have the following problem: why
> is sane_get_devices not called on "scanimage -L"?

I don't understand. sane_get_devices is called by scanimage -L:

SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=5 scanimage -L
[...]
[mustek] sane_get_devices: 2 devices
[mustek] sane_get_devices: end
[...]

> The backend
> currently does nothing except to pretend there is a scanner
> there. What makes the frontend call the sane_get_devices function in
> other backends?

The frontends call them automatically when they want to list all the
available scanners.

Can you try to rephrase your problem? Maybe it helps to put more
DBG-messages into scanimage.c and your backend? Maybe a problem with
the dll-backend? Try SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage -L. I think dll.c
wants SANE_STATUS_GOOD as return code for sane_init().