[sane-devel] fb630u success

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 02:27:43 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 04:37:46PM -0700, nathan rutman wrote:
> This scanner, along with the HP3300 and probably others, requires access
> to usb control packets.  The simplest way to do this is to use dedicated
> ioctls within the kernel scanner.c.  I have tried to do this in a
> generic way; it would be nice if Those In Charge of scanner.c could take
> a look and approve the changes -- I don't really know the right way to get
> things added to the kernel code, or grant real ioctl numbers.

The current code of scanner.c already contains a generic way to use
control messages. At least it looks like that, I haven't tested it.
This code is in Linux 2.4.13. I have already added a point to the TODO
list to add a function sanei_usb_write_control (or similar).

Please send a patch for sanei_usb.c (and .h). We can commit it to CVS
after the release of SANE 1.0.6.