[sane-devel] linux 2.4 scsi problems, sane 1.0.5

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:04:23 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 10:27:01PM -0700, eric-sane@limpoc.com wrote:
> I've recently come back to trying to make a Sharp JX-610 SCSI scanner work
> under Linux 2.4.9. I had no trouble under earlier 2.2 kernels but unfortunately
> running those is no longer an option for me.
> The SCSI adapter is an Adaptec 7896 using the aic7xxx driver.

[...]

> I imagine this must be a problem for many people, as it seems to me that anyone
> using Linux 2.4 and an adaptec scsi adapter (at least) must be experiencing
> it.

I'm using an Adaptec 2940 with the aic7xxx driver without any problems
(Linux 2.4.9, 2.4.13).

If I remember correctly, some people has success using the old aic7xxx
driver (aic7xxx_old) instead of the new one. It's also included in the
standard kernels.

If this also happens with current kernels (2.4.13), please write also
to the developers of the kernel driver.