[sane-devel] Scanner not recoginzed by Sane

Ray Curtis Ray Curtis <ray@ccux.com>
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:19:48 -0500

I am using an older HP4c scanner attached with a Buslogic BT-958 on
a RedHat 7.2 system.
These are the rpms this version of redhat installed:
sane-frontends-1.0.5-2
sane-backends-1.0.5-4

The scanner is recogined by the scsi controller at bootup with:
  Vendor: HP        Model: C2520A            Rev: 3503
  Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Attached scsi generic sg1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 4, lun 0,  type 3

When I do a xscanimage it comes back with it can't find the scanner:
[xscanimage] No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something
          different, check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and
          detected by the find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read
          the documentation which came with this software (README, FAQ,
          manpages).

However with a sane-find-scanner:

sane-find-scanner: found processor "HP C2520A 3503" at device /dev/scanner
sane-find-scanner: found processor "HP C2520A 3503" at device /dev/sg1

I have read the FAQ's and most of the doc's I can find but this
refuses to work for me.

Any suggestions much appreciated,

Thanks,

--