[sane-devel] [dev] dependencies on sanei_scsi and sanei_usb

Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:02:11 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 05:05:34PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> > Am I right that all backends using sanei_config2 also must be made
> > dependant on sanei_scsi and sanei_usb?
>
> if this is true then we should find an other solution.
> It does not make sense that a scsi backend links to sanei_usb
> and vice versa.
>
> If necessary we should create a sanei_usb_config and a sanei_pp_config.

What about adding the usb part of sanei_config2 to sanei_usb itsself
(e.g. sanei_usb_attach_matching_devices)? This means that only minimal
changes are necessary and the USB backends have to link against
sanei_usb anyway. I nobody objects I will do this change in CVS.

Concerning the backends linking to sanei_config2 and not sanei_scsi:
This doesn't seem to make sense because the "feature" of this function
is the "scsi * * * * *" way of configurating SCSI devices. So probably
this can be changed in the backends to a simple "attach" (or whatever).