[sane-devel] EPSON Perfection 1250 is _NOT_ supported !!!

Oliver Neukum Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 19:55:59 +0200

Am Samstag, 1. September 2001 22:45 schrieb Karl Heinz Kremer:
> I just got notice of a very disturbing change in the new EPSON
> scanner Perfection 1250 (and posibly the other new scanners
> they just released): Instead of just two bulk endpoints for
> the USB connection this scanner now uses two bulk and one
> interrupt end point. This is (at least for now) not supported
> by the USB scanner driver, therefore the scanner can not be
> used with the EPSON backend.

Hm... In principle it is support if the interrupt endpoint is used for
reporting buttons and such stuff only. Has the protocol changed, too ?
Do you have usb snoopy traces ? From the description alone it might be the
HP53xx protocol.

	Regards
		Oliver Neukum