[sane-devel] [dev] net backend and timing problems? (pretty weird)

mh crapsite@gmx.net
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:58:53 +0200

mh, Fre, 07 Sep 2001:
> BTW, maybe someone else with the same problem can try to add a sleep() too?
> AFAIR, there were a couple of reports about problems with the net backend/saned
> on the localhost.

Just some additional infos: (I hope, this doesn't get boring)
I've just made some modifications in the net backend (net.c):
I've replaced all calls to do_cancel(s) in the function sane_read() with
calls to sane_cancel(s) .
Now the net backend works just fine (at least on the localhost). I did 500
scans with the pnm backend and 50 with my Plustek (using quiteinsane). There
wasn't a single problem. The other frontends work without problems too.
Any explanation for this ?

Michael