[sane-devel] [dev] net backend and timing problems? (pretty weird)

Jochen Eisinger jochen.eisinger@gmx.de
Sat, 08 Sep 2001 16:49:01 +0200

Hi!

~From the debug output Michael send me, I assume that the bug isn't in
the net backend. The data pipe is closed correctly and the sigpipe
occurs on the control pipe. Why this doesn't happen with a delay of some
seconds isn't clear to me.

Anyways, I'd like to use the new net backend version, because it has
much more debug output and fixes some minor bugs. I've tested it,
Michael tested it. Could some more people test it before it's committed
to cvs?

I'm adding debug output to the sanei_wire interface at the moment and
already stumbled over a serious bug... in sanei_w_space memcpy is used
although the areas copied may overlap (which may result in data corruption).

regards
- - -- jochen

Jochen Eisinger wrote:

| Hi!
|
| The problem here is, my net backend just doesn't crash, no matter what i
| do :(
|

| I'd say this is the old "scan over localhost" problem. Anyway, I've
| rewritten parts of the net backend (basically adding lot's of DBG, some
| checks again NULL pointers and I've changed parts of the auth functions
| to avoid information leaks)
|
| Please try this backend with SANE_DEBUG_NET=128 and send me the output...
|
| regards
| - -- jochen
|
| mh wrote:
| | mh, Fre, 07 Sep 2001:
| |
| |>BTW, maybe someone else with the same problem can try to add a sleep()
| too?
| |>AFAIR, there were a couple of reports about problems with the net
| backend/saned
| |>on the localhost.

| |
| | Just some additional infos: (I hope, this doesn't get boring)
| | I've just made some modifications in the net backend (net.c):
| | I've replaced all calls to do_cancel(s) in the function sane_read() with
| | calls to sane_cancel(s) .
| | Now the net backend works just fine (at least on the localhost). I did
| 500
| | scans with the pnm backend and 50 with my Plustek (using quiteinsane).
| There
| | wasn't a single problem. The other frontends work without problems too.
| | Any explanation for this ?
| |
| | Michael
| |

| - --
| ~  [This is a signature virus, please copy me into your signature file!]
|
| ~  GnuGP public key for jochen.eisinger@gmx.de:
| ~      http://home.nexgo.de/jochen.eisinger/pubkey.asc
| net.c.gz

| base64