[sane-devel] Re: Hungry CVS: cvs : external/sane/sane-backends/backend Makefile.in

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:12:35 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 06:37:48AM -0500, Peter Fales wrote:
> Sorry about that.  No there wasn't any conflict when committing (unless
> I didn't know how to recognize one??) I didn't do anything different
> when committing this file than I did for any of the others.

I think I had only once a similar case. CVS didn't do the commit and
asked me to do a cvs update first. That one told me about the conflict
(I think in ChangeLog). Doing a "cvs update" directly before cvs
commit is a good thing, usually.

While talking about CVS commits: Don't forget to add files that should
be ignored by CVS to the respective .cvsignore files. In this case,
"sane-gphoto2.5" in doc/.cvsignore. That's why you should get a

? doc/sane-gphoto2.5

after a cvs update currently.