[sane-devel] Re: More autoconf changes for gphoto2

Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:58:25 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 05:08:47AM -0500, Peter Fales wrote:
> I've started converting gphoto2 to use the "official" gphoto2 API.  This
> requires linking with libgphoto2, and therefore needs some more
> autoconf related changes.  I've attached the proposed patches.  They
> are a bit more complex than the check I had before, but I've followed
> the existing SANE_CHECK_PTAL very closely, so hopefully there are no
> surprises.  There shouldn't be too much need for additional changes beyond
> this.

I can't test if it works with gphoto2 libs because I haven't installed
them. So only some notes:

- Try to get the output for ./configure --help aligned to the other
  options (I will try to fix the pnm output which is a bit too wide for
  a 80 chars terminal).

- If you want to keep the test for the gphoto2 binary:
  You test for the gphoto2 binary
  and save it's name in HAVE_GPHOTO2. If it's not found, HAVE_GPHOTO2 is
  "false". Keep in mind however, that AC_CHECK_TOOL also searches for
  names like i386-gnu-gphoto2 (see autoconf documentation). I don't have
  experience with this, but just found this in the documentation. A test
  for HAVE_GPHOTO2 == "gphoto2" may be not enough in this case.

- You also must include the preprocessor define "HAVE_GPHOTO2" in
  include/sane/config.h.in if you want to use it in your code. I don't
  see why you define it, however, because it will be always 1 if your
  code gets compiled.