[sane-devel] using scsi scanner primax profi 19200 ?

Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:21:18 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 05:01:20PM +0200, Stefan Kredler wrote:
> im looking for further information about the primax scsi scanner profi 19200.
> So far I checked my Hardware which seems to run fine:
> The SCSI Interface as well as sgcheck find the scanner.

Usually the output of cat /proc/scsi/scsi is of interest.

> Am I missing something ? Does sane give any other response beside 'no
> scanner found' -even if the scanner is not suported?

Some backends can print the full inquiry information that may reveil
e.g. the real manufacturer. Try

SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=5 scanimage -L

and lookk for the lines after
[mustek] attach: inquiry output: