[sane-devel] Umax Astra 600S

Thorsten Wandersmann Thorsten Wandersmann <pitu@caipy.de>
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 23:29:24 +0200 (CEST)

I hope that this is not an old question or something like that, if so,
please excause.

I have baught at ebay an Astra 600S (it came in a not good packed status).
Now following things happen:

If I scan with 200 dpi or better, everything works fine.
If I scan with less than 200 dpi, than it will not work so good, that
means, down to 100dpi, that the colors are not the same, and there are
stripemixes of different colors at the beginning of the picture.
If I scan with less than 100 dpi the scanner nearly did not move the
photounit anymore (even if the part of the picture to scan is 20 cm in the
middle, it moves only one or two cm). The picture that has the right
selected size, but its only a nearly black with dark stripemixes picture.

Because I have no windows I cant check originally drivers.

So the question is, is this the driver or is this the scanner, is this
normal for the scanner or is it out of order?

I have SuSE 7.2 latest updates, kernel 2.4.4, sane 1.0.4.
SCSI Card is a Dawicontroll with an AM53C974 chip.

thanks for some comments or excause for disturbing.

thorsten

--
Thorsten Wandersmann     Phone:  +49-911-8172249
Bonhoefferstr. 79        Mobile: +49-179-6670562