[sane-devel] HP 6200C not found

Matt Harrell matt@mattharrell.net
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:21:01 -0400

I just got an HP 6200C scanner (SCSI and USB) from work for free.  I'm
hoping to use it on my LInux box, and not have to resort to installing
it on my Windows 98 PC.  I'm using the USB connection (I don't have a
SCSI controller in either PC anymore).  I am running Red Hat 7.1 with
the sane package that is distributed with it (1.0.3-10).  I don't plan
on going to the trouble of compiling source code, etc.  If it comes to
that, I'll use it via Windows.

I'm not sure my problem is even with SANE, though.  My Linux box doesn't
seem to be detecting it at all.  I expected that after I connected it
and turned the system on, Linux would detect it at boot up using Kudzu,
or the USB system (which is running--I see it, and it hesitates longer
when it searched for USB devices than it used to).  When I try to get
the device list using "scanimage", it returns nothing.  What's up?

--
Matt Harrell
matt@mattharrell.net