[sane-devel] HP 6200C not found

Matt Harrell matt@mattharrell.net
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:43:36 -0400

Well, I feel stupid.  7 or more years of working as an administrator for
UNIX flavors, and it didn't occur to me that it might be a permission
issue.  I looked over all of the suggestions I got from you good people
on the list.  I updated my hp.conf file.  It didn't work.  However, I
tried running "scanimage --list-devices" and "xscanimage hp" as root,
and it worked!  I read into the HP backend mentioned by Henning, and
discovered that I needed to open up /dev/usb/scanner0.  Viola!  It now
works under my personal account.  Thanks to all of you who helped.  I'm
most grateful.