[sane-devel] saned.conf hostname format

Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:25:30 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 07:43:40PM +0200, Sebastien Sable wrote:
> in saned.conf I had to specify the fully qualified hostname for saned
> to accept connection while the client is on the same subnet.
>
> putting in saned.conf:
> mymachine
>
> gives this on the client
> [net] connect_dev: major version mismatch: got 0, expected 1
>
> while putting:
> mymachine.network.fr
>
> works perfectly well.

I can't reproduce this here with two computers and the latest CVS.
Both name and name.domain works for me.

> Is it a normal behaviour,

Yes. It happens if the server doesn't accept the client because it's
not in saned.conf. I'm not sure, if this is the correct way, to reject
the client, however...

> and in this case may be it should be
> specified in the header of the file, or is it linked to my network
> configuration? Well anyway it works great now.

Probably your server doesn't know the name of your client without its
domain name? --> /etc/hosts or name server problem?