[sane-devel] Microtek Phantom 330CX - After scanning motor makes very worrying noises when returning to start position

Robert Bracewell robert_bracewell@yahoo.com
22 Sep 2001 17:40:37 +0100

The scanner seems to be working fine after following the instructions in
the FAQ.
Sane detects and I am able to Scan and preview using xsane but after any
scan when the motor returns the scan head to its starting position it
makes some serious clunking noises as if it is trying to go too far
back.

Have I missed a configuration setting? This doesnt sound normal to me
and in fact I pull the power immediately after a few seconds and then
all seems well until I scan again.

Any pointers please?

--
RoB