[sane-devel] EPSON Perfection 1250 is _NOT_ supported !!!

Karl Heinz Kremer khk at khk.net
Sat Sep 1 21:45:55 BST 2001

I just got notice of a very disturbing change in the new EPSON
scanner Perfection 1250 (and posibly the other new scanners
they just released): Instead of just two bulk endpoints for
the USB connection this scanner now uses two bulk and one
interrupt end point. This is (at least for now) not supported
by the USB scanner driver, therefore the scanner can not be
used with the EPSON backend.

Please don't buy this model for now if you want to use it
with Sane. I'll keep the list updated about any changes.

Karl Heinz

Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk at khk.net
PGP Key at http://www.freecolormanagement.com/download/khk.asc
EPSON Sane Backend:         http://www.freecolormanagement.com