[sane-devel] Problems with Epson 636U

James O'Test jameso at myeasyemail.com
Mon Sep 10 03:56:18 BST 2001

Thank you for the quick reply. I followed your advice and generated the log file for you.

I ran xsane, it started up, I tried to aquire a preview and it hung.

Please, let me know if there if anything else I can do to help track the
problem down.

Thank you.
Jim

On Sunday, September 9th, Karl Heinz Kremer said...
: James,
:
: unfortunately I am not familiar with Sane and any
: flavour of BSD systems.
: A core dump does not help, there is an easier way of
: getting more information:
: You can create a log file that contains all the
: communication between the
: scanner and the backend. This will hopefully help to
: identify what goes
: wrong:
:
: Set the debug variable (depending on your shell you may
: have to use
: a different syntax):
: export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128
: xsane > /tmp/scan.log 2>&1
:
: You can use any other frontend with the same output
: redirection.
:
: Karl Heinz
:
: On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 07:20:55PM +0100, James O'Test