[sane-devel] missing char-major-81

Karl Heinz Kremer khk at khk.net
Mon Sep 17 01:53:15 BST 2001

If you check the file /etc/modules.conf you will find that char-major-81
is an alias for bttv, the video input driver for bttv based cards.
The reason why Sane looks for this module is that you have the v4l
(Video4Linux) backend activated in dll.conf. If you want to get rid
if these warnings (and make your scanning system potentially more
robust) you can comment out all backends in dll.conf but the EPSON
backend.

Karl Heinz