[sane-devel] Acer Vuego 310s (scsi) under FreeBSD

Hans Eichbaum hge at home.nl
Sat Sep 22 06:57:32 BST 2001

Hello there,

I've some troubles with my Acer Vuego 310s scanner.
The scanner have worked properly under Suse Linux & sane.
but under FreeBSD I've got a strange message when starting scanimage or xsane
namely

Failed to start scanner : Error during device I/O

in my /var/log/messages I find the following :

Sep 22 01:32:29 cp8772-b /kernel: cam_periph_mapmem: attempt to map 122400
bytes, which is greater than DFLTPHYS(65536)

The scanner is properly detected :

camcontrol devlist returns
<Color FlatbedScanner_4 0181>      at scbus0 target 4 lun 0 (pass0)

and scanimage -L returns
device `snapscan:/dev/scanner' is a Color FlatbedScanner_4 flatbed scanner

I don't know where to search to fix this problem, nothing is wrong with the
rights ore something else stupid.
Maybe anyone is familair with this problem and knows how I can make this
scanner work?

Thank you in advance,

Hans