[sane-devel] Problems with testbackend and non-blocking IO

mh crapsite@gmx.net
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:31:35 +0200

Hi (especially Henning),
while playing with the test-backend I noticed a strange behaviour with the
non-blocking IO option enabled. E.g. a preview scan in xsane, gray/8bit,
testimage option enabled *sometimes* causes xsane to hang.
QuiteInsane ("the not yet released version") doesn't hang, but sometimes
returns an IO error.
A preview scan (quiteinsane) in color mode/1bit, testimage option enabled
reveals another odd behaviour: the preview scan looks different with every
scan, i.e. sometimes the upper left corner isn't black. I don't change any
options; the debug output of the backend is exactly the same for all preview
scans. If I disable non-blocking IO, it works just fine.
Did anyone else notice this?
To Henning: If you like to test this, I can send you a patch for
quiteinsane-0.4.1. (~ 150 kB).

bb
Michael