[sane-devel] New Backend for LM9832 chipset, specifically the HP2200c.

Jaeger, Gerhard gjaeger@sysgo.de
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 16:15:30 +0200

Hi again,

I'm sure that the backend is well designed and will do its job.
But the prob is, that the Plustek backend already has a lot of
hooks and possibilities to control LM983x based devices as well.
The EPSON 1250 is already included also the HP2200C/2100C and reported
as working - so why doing the job again?
To be honest, I wrote this backend - or better, I ported the Plustek
NT driver code to this backend and managed to make the other
devices work with the help of quite a lot of other people who
contributed in testing and tweaking parameters...
The only thing this backend is missing is a better calibration
routine and maybe a parser that is able to read ini files, like
the National Semiconductor Windoze demo-driver does...
You may also notice the sanei_lm983x functions that are already
existent in SANE for communication with LM983x devices.

Anyway, I will have a look at your code hopefully this weekend...
  Gerhard