[sane-devel] Problems with Microtek Scanmaker-III, Solaris 8, sgen driver, xsane

Craig Dewick cdewick@sunshack.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:14:22 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Karsten Festag wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> do you have an entry like
>
> /dev/scsi/scanner/c6t6d0
>
> in the microtek.conf file?

Yes. I modified microtek.conf and dll.conf in /usr/local/etc/sane.d. The
first file looks like this:

# Uncomment following line to disable "real calibration" routines...
#norealcal
# Uncomment following line to disable "clever precalibration" routines...
#noprecal
#   Using "norealcal" will revert backend to pre-0.11.0 calibration code.
scsi * * Scanner
/dev/scsi/scanner/c6t6d0

The line starting with 'scsi' was uncommented by default. I modified the
second line so it lists the correct device handle in /dev to use.

In dll.conf, I commented out all backend instances except 'microtek' as
suggested in one of the postings to the list which I found in the
archives.

Note that if I run xscanimage using the exact same command-line device
identifier (microtek:/dev/scsi/scanner/c6t6d0) the very same message is
returned.

Regards,

Craig.

--