[sane-devel] PLUGINRC madness

Johan Bengtsson elijah@dd.chalmers.se
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:01:37 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

We're running Gimp 1.0.4 & xsane 0.79 and we have two workstations with
scanners, one with an Umax scanner and the other one with an Epson
scanner. The problem is that if one first uses the Epson scanner, gimp
will create a pluginrc file which points to the Epson driver and
device. If one later wants to use the Umax scanner one will get an error
message from xsane saying it can't find the Epson scanner....:-(
I've fixed this with a wrapper script for the Gimp that edits the pluginrc
file, but come on, this is stupid! Is it the same problem with newer
versions of gimp?

Best regards,
Johan Bengtsson

--