[sane-devel] PLUGINRC madness

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:11:48 +0200

Johan Bengtsson wrote:

> Well, I'm not the only one using these scanners, they're used by
> (potentially) hundreds of users, and they can't be expected to go through
> this process to make it work. If a scanner device can't be found the
> program should look for another device and update pluginrc accordingly.

There should be another entry in the gimp menue that starts the device
selection dialog of xsane, with this you can select any configured device.

A better way is to configure the scanners not only locally, make them
available via network (setup saned) then you should be able to use both devices from
both/all machines.

Bye
Oliver

--