[sane-devel] snapscan (agfa 1236s) not working since 1.0.4 --- solved

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:49:35 +0200

Hi,

> > As a first test, you could try to disable the send_diagnostic command -
> > it doesn't seem to work for all models. To do this, open snapscan-scsi.c
> > and find the function send_diagnostic(). Change the lines
>
> i disabled.
> It works now (i have got 2 of this model).

Good. I'll change this in CVS.

> So you think the diagnostic cmd
> was introduced in that version (and i compiled 2 CVS snapshots w/ 1.0.4
> version number)? And i am the only one to use 1236?

I got some success stories from 1236s users and no bug report similar to
yours, so I rather suspect something else. My guess is that Agfa has released
two flavours of the 1236s with a slightly different firmware, one that
supports the diagnostic command and one that doesn't. Other possible reasons
(changes in the SCSI library / kernel driver) sound even more obscure, so I
better stop thinking of it and simply disable diagnostics for the 1236.

Regards,

Oliver