[sane-devel] SCSI problems with avision backend

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:11:56 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 10:01:51PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Since the latest update of the avision backend I can't access my
> Mustek (!) scanner anymore. It took some time to find out that the
> reason is really the avision backend.

I think the bug is a missing sanei_scsi_close(fd) in attach() in the
test:

  if (!found) {
  [...]

If no Avision-Scanner is found, the fd must be closed.

For some Reason since some versions the Linux kernel blocks access to
a SCSI device if it's opened O_EXCL. In erlier versions an error value
was returned. I don't like the current behaviour because that
effectivle stops me from using two scanners simultanously.