[sane-devel] Scanner for 6x6 slides and fast B/W input?

Felix E. Klee felix.klee@inka.de
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:35:46 +0200

Hi,

I am looking for a scanner that runs under LINUX and has the following
features:
1. Support for scanning of slides and photo negatives in medium format
   (6x6 cm^2).
2. High speed scanning of A4 black and white (only 1 bit, not gray scale)
   pages (eg. from books).
3. Low price (of course).

I already discovered the following models
  Canon D2400UF
  Epson 1650 Photo
However, the I haven't found a LINUX driver for the Canon yet and the EPSON
doesn't seem to support medium format slides and negatives by default. Does
anyone have experiences with these scanners or can recommend other models?

Felix