[sane-devel] Scanner for 6x6 slides and fast B/W input?

Matts kivik@firstlinux.net
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:05:51 -0700 (PDT)

I wanted a flatbed scanner, which could also scan negatives and Dia frames.

I bought an Acer 640UT (usb scanner), which costed about 150 euro.

I am very satisfied with it, it has a build in transparency function for
transparent media (negatives, dias...). When taking ordinary flatbed (reflective)
scans you just put in a black protection plastic over the reflective unit.
Very simple indeed. It also includes holders for 6 dias, or 5 negative strips.

I works fine in Linux, but you must do some manual setup jobs, like copying
the firmware from the install CD and setting up a link to the firmware.

They have also a 1240UT unit, which has better resolutions.

Could this be something ?

--- "Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee@inka.de> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am looking for a scanner that runs under LINUX and has the following

>features:
>1. Support for scanning of slides and photo negatives in medium format

> (6x6 cm^2).
>2. High speed scanning of A4 black and white (only 1 bit, not gray scale)

> pages (eg. from books).
>3. Low price (of course).
>
>I already discovered the following models
> Canon D2400UF
> Epson 1650 Photo
>However, the I haven't found a LINUX driver for the Canon yet and the EPSON

>doesn't seem to support medium format slides and negatives by default.
Does

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net

Run a small business? Then you need professional email like you@yourbiz.com from Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net?tag