[sane-devel] Problem compiling sane-backends

Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:17:17 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 04:33:11AM +0200, Pierre wrote:
> >This doesn't happen here. However, it's definitely a bug. For me it
> >happens only if I call msgfmt with the "-v" option.
> >
> >If you need the translations, you could try to comment out the first
> >translation in all saneopts.*.po files (msgid "").
> >
> >Otherwise, don't use the option --enable-translations for configure.
>
> Ok thanks, but will you correct this bug ?

Currently, I have no idea how I could fix it. Commenting out doesn't
work because msgfmt complains about missing headers in this case. Also
(x)emacs would reintroduce the headers when the file is opened.
Maybe someone can give me a hint?

msgfmt allows to use multiple input files so there must be a way to
relly use them. I could use stdin and catting the files together and
doing some magic sed commands but I don't like this "solution".