[sane-devel] SANE2 proposal

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 15:01:42 +0200

Hello.

The first discussions about a SANE2 standard started about 2 years ago.
It ended up in an ugly flame war in the sane devel mailing list.
I hope the minds are calmed down again and I hope we are able to work on it again.

I collected (almost) all suggestion for the SANE2 standard that I found in the sane-devel
mailing list
and after a lot of discussions with Andreas Beck - who already worked on the SANE1
standard -
Andreas and I wrote a SANE2 standard proposal. This proposal is not complete but the most
important
changes are included.

Please take a look at:

	http://www.xsane.org/sane2/index.html

sane2.tex is the SANE2 standard proposal
sane2-api-todo is a list of almost all suggestions I found for SANE2

There are some points listed in sane2-api-todo that are not included
into sane2.tex!

Suggestions, patches and comments welcome.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de