[sane-devel] USB control message timeouts

nathan rutman nathan@gordian.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:58:48 -0700

A couple of people have reported to me that they see the following syslog
messages:

Mar 22 21:51:41 titan kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
Mar 22 21:51:41 titan kernel: scanner.c: ioctl_scanner(0): control_msg
returned -110

This for the canon630u backend -- but I'm wondering if anyone else with
a USB backend that uses USB control messages has seen something similar.

The scanners are connected and viewable through /proc/bus/usb and the
usbscanner driver has asssociated with them.  Changing the timeout value
in scanner.c doesn't make a difference.  Since I don't have this problem
myself, it's been hard for me to do anything to investigate further.

The two cases reported so far have been with scanner firmware rev 0.01
(/proc/bus/usb/devices P:  Vendor=04a9 ProdID=2204 Rev= 0.01)
My (working) scanner is rev 0.05 -- anyone else for whom it's working or
not, please let me know your rev.

--
nathan@gordian.com