[sane-devel] Sharing a scanner

Marcel Pol mpol@gmx.net
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:00:14 +0200

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 15:17:47 -0700 (PDT)
Keith Robertson <kojak_nt@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an OfficeJet G85 connected to a RH box.  The
> printing functions of the printer are shared with a
> couple of Windoze PCs via SAMBA.  Now, I would like to
> share the G85's scanner with the Windoze boxes.  Is
> this possible with saned?  If so how?

You could setup saned on the server side through inetd.
Saned will use the backends that are installed on the server.
Reading man saned should tell you how to set it up.
You can run a frontend on windows, like Xsane for windows or SaneTwain to be
able to use it as a twain source.

I hope that answers your question a bit.
Greetings,
--
Marcel Pol

Linux 2.4.18-10mdksmp, up 53 min, 1