[sane-devel] supported scanner with big transparency kit

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:13:33 -0000

The TPU of the EPSON Expression 1680 covers the whole scan area. The TPU
moves the lamp in sync with the sensor, so you always have the same lighting
conditions.

Check EPSON's web site, they also have an A3 model, but I don't remember
if they have a TPU for this scanner.

Karl Heinz

Carl Devos <carl@hellea.be> said:

> Hello,
> I am developper for the SICOT Telediagnostic (http://telediag.sicot.org/),
a open source project which allows medecine doctors to upload scanned X-rays
pictures on a website where medical files can be reviewed by their peers.

> Our customers are currently using sane with the Umax Astra 2400cs with a
transparency kit (cover) to scan X-rays pictures without problem.

> We are looking for a new scanner with similar specs. The problem is that up
to know I haven't been able to find a scanner with a big transparency kit or
cover (at least A4, up to A3).

> Does anybody from the list know of such a scanner (working with sane of
course) which would still be sold now? I'd prefer an USB, but SCSI is fine.