[sane-devel] SANE2 proposal

Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:09:20 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 10:58:25PM -0500, Frank Zago wrote:
> > > - the .desc format description should be added too, and expanded. I'd
> > >   like to see an fcc id field.
> >
> > The problem with more fields is the width of the generated table. We
> > thought about some more fields for e.g. ADF but if we use yet another
> > column, the HTML page gets even wider.
>
> You don't have too display everything. And a search screen could be
> created from that.

Ok, adding additional keaywords is no problem. Some keywords are
already ignored in some situations currently (e.g. comment for
backends or multiple URLs).

> > I don't think however, we should put the definition into the standard.
> > Backends distributed seperately don't need a .desc, it's just for
> > generating our HTML page.
>
> Agreed. Could it be an addendum, though?

Yes, or just a readme in doc/. Maybe we should even create a
doc/developers directory that can also contain your backends' text
files that are suited for later maintainers? The mustek texts (in
doc/mustek and doc/mustek_usb are mostly for developers also.