[sane-devel] Xsane save to postscript problem

Jesse Wagner Jesse Wagner" <beansack@fastmail.fm
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 19:45:01 +0000

> A boundingbox is a part of the definition/syntax of postscript files.

A boundingbox defines the location of the image in a postscript file?

Let me clear up my last post.  I was in a hurry and things got messy.
When I convert the postscript files from xsane to the tiff images
required by the fax command, the quality is so bad that they are
unsutable for faxing.  These tiff images are not the type created by
xsane.

>It gets even more strange: If I disable antialiasing in gv or ggv, it
>also works.

I can confirm this.

>Looks like a problem in those programs. However, I have
>never seen similar problems with other postscript documents.

There is something currupt about the postscript files that Xsane is
producing.  If you consider the problem with my faxs, what else could
it be?

>If I just add another "/showpage" to the top of the foo.ps file, gv
>and ggv displays the file without problems even with anialiasing
>turned on.

If I try that antialising dosen't work.  Are you sure it dosen't just
turn it off?
--
  Jesse Wagner
  beansack@fastmail.fm