[sane-devel] 7400c USB/scsi dump

Srinivas Digumarty screen@digumarty.net
23 Apr 2002 10:29:13 -0400

Hi Rene

I sort of tried reading 16 bit calibration information from the scanner
with no real success, I did this in a bit of a hurry so will attempt it
again.
As for the scsi-debugging, I know of scsi logging that you can enable
via the proc filesystem, is the scsi debugging the same?
I may just edit the sg driver and place a few printk statements to see
what the buffers hold on read and writes.

On a similar note, I recently got the HP precision scan software to run
under the latest wine version (after installing it first with the wine
version from codeweaver's office cross over plug-in) - I am able to talk
to the scanner via the software until the initialization point. (scanner
panel changes to "initializing" during lamp warm up) Precision scan then
then just waits indefinitely (probably for a scanner response). Looking
at the aspi debug info tells me that one of the problems is with the
sense buffer header having a value of 0x00 instead of 0x70 (not 0x7f).
This is independent of sane, so the problem may be in either the sg
driver or hpusbscsi (or similar). I believe this problem has been around
for a while, do you have any idea how this problem can be addressed?
(I am running the 2.4.19-pre5 kernel)

FYI you can find the wine aspi output here (it's pretty big)

http://www.digumarty.net/~screen/avision/trace_precisionscan_1

You may find it helpful, for other HP scanners, you're working on.

regards

screen