[sane-devel] 7400c USB/scsi dump

Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:47:47 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 10:29:13AM -0400, Srinivas Digumarty wrote:
> I may just edit the sg driver and place a few printk statements to see
> what the buffers hold on read and writes.

I did this some time ago to check what the mustek backend really sends
to the scanner. It's not very clean but works for me:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/tmp/sg.c or
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/tmp/sg.debug.dif for the diff). It's
the version of Linux 2.4.17rc1 if I remember correctly but it should
work with other versions, too. Copy it over drivers/scsi/sg.c and do
make modules. The debug output is printed to syslog, the length of the
buffers is limited to 20 by default. Search for max_length and change
this value to get more.

Some messages are printed to syslog unconditionally, others are
diabled completely. Use the source if you want more :-)