[sane-devel] UMAX AstraSlim AS6000

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:47:54 +0100

Hi,

some friends of mine here at work have an UMAX AstraSlim AS6000
scanner. This is a very flat USB scanner that takes all its power from
the USB port. It reports a USB id pair of 0x080d:0x0104. Is anyone
familiar with this scanner and knows what might be inside? The circuit
is well-covered by a metal shielding that is soldered onto the board,
so I couldn't look at the chip(s), but the stepper motor says
"Teco"...

Anyway, I have no intention to do anything with this scanner at the
moment, but if someone is interested in using this thing with SANE and
can get me some information on the hardware, I might be able to write
a driver for it, since I have access to such a scanner. Does anyone
recognize the USB ids?

BTW, it probably takes an experienced programmer less time to write a
backend than this scanner to finish a scan... it's more than
ridiculously slow.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net