[sane-devel] UMAX AstraSlim AS6000

mh crapsite@gmx.net
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:01:49 +0200

Henning Meier-Geinitz, Donnerstag, 25. April 2002 20:04:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 01:47:54AM +0100, Major A wrote:
> > some friends of mine here at work have an UMAX AstraSlim AS6000
> > scanner. This is a very flat USB scanner that takes all its power from
> > the USB port. It reports a USB id pair of 0x080d:0x0104. Is anyone
> > familiar with this scanner and knows what might be inside? The circuit
> > is well-covered by a metal shielding that is soldered onto the board,
> > so I couldn't look at the chip(s), but the stepper motor says
> > "Teco"...
>
> The vendor id (0x080d) is also "Teco Image Systems Co., Ltd.".

BTW, sometimes it seems to make sense to open the windows driver with a hex
editor, before opening the scanner.
E.g. for the tevion scanner I'm playing with at the moment, there's a file
called Artec48.sys in windows/system32/drivers. The hex editor reveals
something like:
"Grand Tech GT680x Scanner USB Driver". Maybe the umax driver contains
similar information ?

Michael