[sane-devel] todo entry for saned: support for network masks

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:56:33 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 02:30:41PM +0200, Jochen Eisinger wrote:
> I added a TODO entry for saned:
>
>    - Add support for IP ranges in saned.conf (like 10.0.0.0/8)
>
> should not be difficult to add, however the config file format needs to
> changed for IPv6 anway, so I decided not to change anything yet.

Another related proposal was to add support for name ranges such as
*.meier-geinitz.de (or just .meier-geinitz.de) -> all hosts with the
domain meier-geinitz.de.

I'm not that sure if we really should add more advanced access
control. saned already depends on (x)inetd so we can also use
tcpwrappers or similar methods for such features.