[sane-devel] Canno Scan N650U and FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE

Ryan Budge ryan@smarthand.co.za
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:09:19 +0200

Regards,
Ryan Budge
e-mail : ryan@smarthand.co.za
Mobile : +27 83 415 7926
Fax : +27 8 83 415 7926

Henning YOU LEGEND.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:21:03AM +0200, Ryan Budge wrote:
> I would love to set my Cannon CannoScan N650U up with FreeBSD 4.6.  I
> installed the usual way through the ports collection but to no avail.

>There is a Linux program (not a backend) at
>http://homepage.ntlworld.com/millwardjp/ . I didn't have a look at it
>but as it uses libusb I guess porting to FreeBSED shouldn't be too
>difficult.

Nice ! Thanks for that.  I will have a look at it and post results if
anyone is interested.

>If it's detected by the kernel sane-find-scanner should also find it.
>It won't be able to detect what vendor and product you have beacuse
>the FreeBSD uscanner driver doesn't provide that feature.

I have had a look at the source of uscanner.c and there is no definition
of N650U ?  Is this the reason that sane-find-scanner cant find the
vendor and product.

Thanks for all the help.

Ryan.