[sane-devel] Re: Questions about Microtek scanners (specifically USB 2.0 and Firew ire scanners)

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@gmx.de
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 21:43:09 +0200

Hello Eric,

unfortunately I have no information about work in progress for these Microtek
scanners. Microtek didn't release much information about the internals of
their scanners, so I can't say if the new models are more or less similar to
the SCSI-based devices which are operated by the microtek and microtek2
backends.
Maybe the times have chaged and / or Microtek releases some detailed technical
data if somebody wants to use some more of their scanners. Some time ago I
was in contact with Michael Papet <mpapet@microtek.com> from Microtek, but
unfortunately he wasn't able to provide helpful technical data.

And you may have a look at  http://sourceforge.net/projects/sm3600.
This is a backend for newer USB scanners from microtek. I would suppose that
these are technically more similar to the Firewire ones, perhaps you get some
more information there.

I cc'd this mail to the SANE-mailing list, maybe a reader of the list has some
comments on this?

Regards,

Karsten

Am Freitag, 26. Juli 2002 19:38 schrieben Sie: