[sane-devel] No-devices-error; SCSI question

Martin Collins martin@mkcollins.org
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:30:21 +0100

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 06:47:55 -0400
Haines Brown <brownh@hartford-hwp.com> wrote:

> The SCSI adapter has an unusual external connector, which is a 68-pin
> VeryHighDensity connector. In order to use it, I purchased a 68 VHD to
> 50-pin HighDensity coverter to suit my SCSI cable, which terminates in
> a 50-pin HD connection on the computer end and a SCSI I connector on
> scanner end. That end is terminated.

I reckon it's a termination problem. Both your channels are 68 pin (32
bit?) but you only have an 8 bit terminator at the SCSI 1 end. It should
be possible to configure your controller or convertor to terminate the
high bits. You almost certainly be a passive terminator but SCSI 3
needs active terminators.
Or it could be this problem:
http://scsifaq.org:9080/scsi_faq/68_to_50.txt

Do a google search for "scsi faq" or ask on comp.periphs.scsi

hth
	Martin